This error is often encountered while sending an SMTP based e-mail. When doing so, many users get a message saying Error 0x800ccc0f “Your server has unexpectedly terminated the Connection/Connection to the Server was interrupted
”. This error can occur any time almost out of nowhere. It is kind of strange that Microsoft is having issues with its own products when it comes to good synchronization among them. The basic cause behind this problem is that the mail client is unable to connect to the MailEnable server. And this connection is not being established only because the Firewall is preventing the connection between the Client (Outlook) and the Server. The Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f
basically keeps on occurring because the user has enabled anti-virus email protection utility. In order to solve this problem, you need to disable anti-virus email protection utility and the Windows Firewall as well. Disabling the anti-virus email protection utility depends on the anti-virus software which you are using. To disable Windows Firewall you need to follow these steps:
Note: Before performing any of the steps given below you should make sure whether the internet connection on your device is working properly. This is the first step to check whenever you are having issues regarding any kind of loss in the connection between client and the server-side:
- Click on the option Network Connection from Control Panel.
- Right-click on the internet connection which you are using.
- Open Properties from the Menu so appeared.
- Click on the Security tab and then switch off the
You can also troubleshoot
the networking environment
in order to know what is obstructing the connection of Outlook to the MailEnable server. In this case, you can do two things to sort out the problem behind disconnection.
- Check if your DNS resolution is working properly.
- Open Windows Command prompt. You can do this by typing Start+R(start is the key which has the logo of windows on it)
- Type the following command ping[name/IP of mail server as specified in Outlook settings]
- After you have pressed Enter, a reply response will appear on the screen showing the IP address of the server.
- In case an IP address is not returned then it is the time to review your DNS configuration.
- Now that you have got an IP address as a response you can determine whether the email client can connect to the ports of MailEnable server or not. You can do this using telnet utility. You can do this by first opening the Command Prompt in the window of the Mail client.
- Type the following command thereafter, TELNET[name/IP of mail server as specified in Outlook settings]25.
- Doing this will connect the server. And if no connection is established then you should try to review the settings of The Firewall of Windows as well as the AntiVirus which you are using at the moment. (All the steps regarding that are explained above.)
After you are finished with all these settings, it is time to add the incoming POP server name and the outgoing SMTP server name which is in the dialogue box named E-mail Accounts in the Outlook. Keep calm and follow these steps:
- Click on the E-mail accounts on the tools menu after you have opened the Outlook.
- Click View/Change existing email accounts then click on the next
- After you have opened the E-mail account dialogue box, click on Add.
- Click POP3 and then click
- Type accurate and proper information for your POP3 mail server and then click on
- Finish this process after clicking on the Finish
This problem may also occur if the size of the message is larger than the size limit of the SMTP connection. It generally happens when you are using windows 2000. When the size of the message exceeds the prescribed limit the receiving server will generate a 552 error. You can very easily fix this issue by obtaining
the latest service pack
for Microsoft Windows 2000.
The outlook error 0x800ccc0f
may also occur due to some corruption or damage of Outlook data files. You can solve this by using the inbuilt utility
provided by Microsoft
. For this, you have to just locate
and follow the instructions thereafter.
Some more suggestions regarding this issue:
- Feel free to check the official website of the antivirus which you are using for some additional suggestions.