The Netgear provides one of the fastest wireless routers in the world. Many times, its users face the issue of Can’t log in to Netgear router. It is one of the common problems faced by its user’s.
Some common reasons of this error are forgetten password, Internet Issues and other causes that block you to access your Netgear router. In this article, we will discuss the effective methods to resolve this issue. These fixes will not only solve this issue but also other issues with the Netgear router as well.
Methods to fix Can’t login to Netgear router issue.
There are several methods to resolve this login problem with the Netgear router. simply follow the methods given below.
Reset the Password of Netgear Router
If the case is that you have forgotten the password of your Netgear router, then you need to reset it. Follow below steps to reset the password:
First of all, check all the external wire connections of the router. Make sure, you connect the router power cable directly to the switchboard. Follow the steps as discussed below:
Keeping the router power on, locate the reset button. you will find it at the back or the below portion of the router, it depends on your model number. Once you get the reset button, press on it with the help of a thin pin for about 30 secs to reset the settings of your router. Now, set the username and the password to its default. Note that the default username is “admin” and the password is “password”. Once you complete this process, follow the below steps to log in to your router.
Disconnect Multiple Network Connection
- First of all, open a browser from your system.
- Go to the address bar and type the IP address of your system. After this, you will be navigated to the login page.
- To get the IP address of your system, open the Command Prompt by typing cmd on the Windows search bar. Press Enter.
- On this window which will appear, type ipconfig and click the Enter button to execute it and to get the IP address of your system. The IP address of your system, is the beside value of the Default Gateway.
- A login page will open now, enter the default Username and password to login to your Netgear router.
If you have different network connection connecting at the same time, this can also be a cause for this can’t login to Netgear router
issue. To solve this problem, disconnect all VPN and the internet connection with the Netgear router.
Disable recently installed Software
Many times, the user has recently installed any third-party software and after that they start facing this can’t log in to Netgear router error. The best solution to check it, is to disable the software and check you can login to your Netgear router again or not. If you can now login easily, then try to uninstall it from the Programs and Features from the Control Panel window. Keeping this software for several days in your system will damage it further.
Fix Wi-Fi Networks
Poor network or Internet connection doesn’t let you to login properly. Follow the instructions below to solve the error:
- Directly connect your computer and router with Ethernet cable. Also, check that both the ends are secure.
- Look at the cable ports. If they are not lightening up, change the port. If it doesn’t work out and the error persists, change the adapter of your router.
- If your adapter is other than those of Netgear, take the help of Wi-Fi router experts for help.
- Also, confirm network consistency using the command “ping” on command. If the message-
For further help, call on the toll-free number of customer support. They are available 24*7 to help their customers.