If you find that your Asus router is not working smoothly and having trouble connecting some of the devices with wireless, then you need Asus router rest. Here we are discussing the steps to reset Asus router
Steps for Asus router reset easily
- You will find that your modem is connected with Asus router with yellow cable.
- Now use a cable ethernet wire in blue color to connect your Asus wireless router computer.
- Go to your browser and type 192.168.1.1 in URL box. You may also click on http://192.168.1.1/.
- Enter your user name and password. Enter the below information for that:
Username= admin, Password = admin
Username= admin, Password =password.
- After logging in to your Asus wireless router, go to the administration. Click on the option to reset Asus wireless router.
- You can now set up the router like a new router.
Method to hard reset Asus router
If you cannot soft reset using above method, use below steps to Hard reset your Router.
- Take a small paperclip or a pointed thing such as pen. Now look at the back of your wireless Asus router.
- Switch on your Wireless router.
- Press the reset key. The reset key will be at the back of your Asus wireless router.
- Press the reset key for at-least 30 seconds till the lights on the router blinking. Now leave the key.
- Restart your router and modem.
Using above procedure your Asus router will factory reset to its default settings. Set up your router like a new router again.
Here are some quick fixes for Asus router not working:
- Turn on/off your devices. Just remove the power cable and plug it back. Now restart your modem and the system.
- Check to see if all the cables are properly connected or not. Remove all the wireless cables and connect them again after a minute.
- Many times, the problem is due to overheating. To fix it, turn off the router for about an hour. Again, connect to your computer.
- In case, your Wi-Fi driver is outdated, update it from the device manager. Go to device manager and right-click on My Computer. Go to properties and click on device manager. Select “Now update your network/Wi-Fi driver”.
- If updating doesn’t work for you, un-install and re-install the driver.
To Connect the device to the wireless named ASUS and set up the network using below steps:
- When you are connected, you will be transferred to the router set up page.
- If you cannot see the set-up page then try it manually. Go to http://192.168.1.1 from your internet browser.
- If you are asked to login, use the default username as admin and default password as admin.
- Tap on Go at the bottom of the page.
- Set up will begin. Wait for it to complete.
If you are still facing any issue, then take the help of customer support. Call on their toll-free number which is available round the clock. Explain your issue to the technical experts out there and they will provide you remote assistance and fix your issue.