Here are many users of Mozilla Firefox, its speed is good and response better. Sometimes happens that these browsers get hangs and you see that Mozilla Firefox not responding to you. By which, your work is in pending.
Causes for Mozilla Firefox not responding:-Causes are varying according to the occasion, but some of the common causes are mentioned below:
- Here, much more freeware converters are running at the same time with the Firefox file, like word to PDF, PDF to word, etc.
- Mozilla Firefox profile folder has only one permission that is read permission.
- Intrusive files of Mozilla Firefox made their own ways into the updated folder or cache memory.
- Instability is detected on Mozilla Firefox due to the Intrusive or untested plug-ins.
Solutions to fix Mozilla Firefox not responding:-Here are many solutions to fix this issue. Follow the below-given steps carefully:
1) Forcefully close Mozilla Firefox, Restart, and Update:-
If you get that Mozilla Firefox not responding issue then try to forcefully close that window and restart your system. Whenever Mozilla Firefox becomes unresponsive then you cannot close it by tapping on the closing icon. For closing this window:
- Simply press Ctrl + Shift + Es c from your keyboard.
- After that navigate to the Process
- Now, select Mozilla Firefox and tap on the End task
- Once, you close that unresponsive application then restart your System.
- Reopen Mozilla Firefox and tap on the menu bar which is at the top right corner.
- Now, navigate to the Help section and click on the About Firefox.
- After that, wait for a while until the Mozilla Firefox shows its latest version.
- If you get any new version of Mozilla Firefox on your Operating System, then tap on the Restart button and install
- Wait for a while to complete this process.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and check if it works.
2) Make sure for the right access required:-
- First of all, press Windows key + R simultaneously to open run dialogue box.
- Now, type %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profile\ in the run dialogue box and hit the Enter
- Now, navigate to the Profile Page and right-click on it to select Properties.
- After that, go to the General tab and ensure that the “dialogue box beside the Read-Only box” remains unchecked.
- Now, tap on the Apply
- If you find that the read-only box is checked then modifies it, then reboot your system.
- Restart your system and reopen Mozilla Firefox and check if the issue has been resolved now.
3) Remove cache:-
4) Disable Hardware Acceleration:-
On the latest version of Mozilla Firefox, the Hardware Acceleration is enabled automatically. Sometimes, it also causes a problem. But, don’t worry, you can disable it.
- First of all, launch Mozilla Firefox and tap on the menu
- After that tap on the Option.
- Now, navigate to the General tab and select the Performance
- After that, unchecked the dialogue box next to the Use Recommended Performance Settings.
- Now, unchecked that shows Use hardware Acceleration.