As we know Pinterest is a social network that allows their users to visually discover and share new interest by posting use by pinning on Pinterest. And also share videos and images to their own or other’s boards which is a collection of pins usually with a common theme and also browse what other users pinned.
It may be possible that you have Pinterest-ed your way into a black hole of crafting supplies. It also happens that you never really got into the online mood board, or maybe you have both a personal and a business Pinterest and don’t need both.
If you want to delete a Pinterest account
, Pinterest provides you 2 options for deleting an account. The first one is deactivation that removes everything from the public eye but leaves it intact if you happen to change your mind, and a full, no-looking back deletion.
Go through the below-given steps to fix your issue of delete a Pinterest account.
How to delete a Pinterest account: –
If you want to delete a Pinterest account permanently then make sure it never back means you lose all those pins. The deletion of a Pinterest account is easy as compare to the deactivation process. Pinterest will gratify the account if you login back within two weeks. Otherwise, if lost once then lost.
Here are the steps to delete a Pinterest account:
- First of all, go to your profile and click on the person icon in app which is at the bottom of the screen or tap on the saved option which is at the top on a desktop computer.
- After that, access your account settings by click on the bolt icon which is like a hexagon with a circle cut out of the center. If you are using a desktop browser that setting is above your username when viewing your profile or while you use mobile then you can find it on the top right of their profile next to the search bar.
- After go to the account settings, click on edit settings if you are in the app or account basics in a browser.
- If you use the app then scroll down and select a close account, and if you use browser then select the deactivate account option at the end of the account basics options.
- Now, confirm your choice in the next window because if you use a browser then both options are under the deactivation settings. But you should select the permanently close account option instead of deactivation.
How to deactivate a Pinterest account: –
If you are not sure to lose all pinning permanently. Deactivate a Pinterest account means your profile, including your pins, is not publicly visible anymore and your other social media accounts are no longer connected to your Pinterest account.
Here are the steps to deactivate a Pinterest account:
- When logging in to Pinterest, tap on your Profile button. In the Pinterest app, it is the person icon that is at the bottom of the screen. And, if you are used a web browser then click on the saved menu option which is at the top.
- After that, access your account settings by click on the bolt icon which is like a hexagon with a circle cut out of the center. If you are using a desktop browser that setting is above your username when viewing your profile or while you use mobile then you can find it on the top right of their profile.
- If you use mobile click on edit settings then scroll down to the bottom and choose to deactivate an account. For a desktop, tap on deactivating an account that is under the account basics.
- In the next window, confirm your choice.
Note: – once you delete a Pinterest account then Pinterest archives the data for two weeks. If you change your mind then you should log in and tap on a reactivation link that is available inside your email. And if you deactivate a Pinterest account then you can log in anytime to reactivate and still have access to those saved pins.