Bitdefender threat scanner
is an error that appears when you checking the Spybot folder in your device. Many times, you have seen the Bitdefender threat error
when you start your system.
Sometimes this error occurred when Bitdefender anti-virus
is not installed in your system. This error tells you that there is a threat scanner dmp.file
in your temp folder. The pop-up notifications to threat scanner dmp.file
are not readable sometimes in notepad. This pop-up forcibly shuts your system down and your system starts again a few seconds later.
After restarting system once again, the error still appears on the screen then follow the given solutions to remove this error:
After installing the Bitdefender anti-virus, the error is still appeared then follow the solutions to solve this error:
- Clear the temp folder from your system:
To clear the temp folder from your system there are some steps given below:
- Press Windows + R in your system.
- The run box is opened.
- Search for the search bar and type temp in it and press enter.
- After this, the temp folder is opened.
- Select all the entries of the temp folder and delete them from your temp folder.
- After that, launch the run box again and type %temp%.
- Hit the enter to execute
- Check all the entries are deleted or not if not then delete again and if deleted successfully then go to the next step.
- Start your system again.
If the error still occurs then go for other solution given below:
2. Download and run a fixed patch:
This is possible that Bitdefender wants you to run a fixed patch in your system. To download and run a fix patch follow the steps given below:
- Check the version of the Operating System in your system.
- Press Windows + R key to open run box in your system.
- Look for the search bar and type
- Press enters.
- After that, download and run a fixed patch according to the operating system of your system.
- If your operating system is of either 32 bit or 64 bits then you can run a patch in your system.
3. Fix the corrupted files in your system:
To fix the corrupted files in your system follow the instructions given below:
- Open the windows explorer in your system.
- Select this pc if you are using windows 10 and select my computer if you are using windows 7.
- After that, look for the search bar and type C:\Program Files (x86) \Spybot – Search & Destroy 2 in the search bar and press enter.
- After this, search for a file named dll.
- After this, select the DLL file and copy that file.
- Go to the Spybot – Search and Destroy 2 again and paste the DLL file.
- If the DLL file is already presented in Spybot – Search and Destroy 2 then you need to check the size of the file.
- If the size of the file is not equal to 32 KB then you have to download the DLL file again.
- Replace the existing DLL file with the new download file.
- Check that the Bitdefender threat scanner error still displayed or not.
If the error still displayed then go to the next step.
4. Install the Bitdefender again:
If the error still shows then you should uninstall the existing Bitdefender from your system and install the Bitdefender again. For reinstalling the Bitdefender again, you have to follow the following steps:
- Click on the start menu to open it.
- After this, there is a list that appears you have to search for the option apps and features and select that option.
- After that, search for the Bitdefender app and click on it.
- Click on the option uninstalling.
- After uninstalling the Bitdefender, download and install it again from the official website.
All the above solutions work to remove the Bitdefender error
from your system.