A file containing information. A file containing error information has been created at c:\windows\temp\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp. You are strongly encouraged to send the file to the developers of the application for further investigation of the error.
The above pop up indicates a Threat Scanner.dmp that you cannot read in notepad. If you leave the pop up then your computer will restart after sometime.
The common reason of this error is the Spybot’s corrupted file. Most of the time, one of its dll files gets corrupted causing this issue.
Methods to fix Bitdefender error on shutdown
The error is very common but can be solved in some easy ways. There are several fixes for tis error that are discussed below:
Run the PATCH
As this is common issue, Bitdefender has a patch to fix it. Bitdefender has introduced this patch in order to fix Bitdefender error on restart that comes up after updating it. So, after running the patch, it should resolve the Bitdefender issue. Use these steps to run the patch:
- Find out the version of your Operating system. Depending upon the architecture of your operating system, download and run the patch discussed below corresponding to your Operating System architecture.
- For 32bit operating systems.
- For 64bit operating systems.
- Now check to see if the error is solved or not.
Fixing the corrupted files is another easy way to fix Bitdefender error on Restart. Follow these steps to do so:
- Go to Start from bottom left corner and select File Explorer. For windows 7, go to start and click on Computer or My Computer.
- Type C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2 in the address bar at the top of the screen.
- Look for the file named SDAV.dll
- If you are not able to find the file the you have to download the file by yourself.
- After the download is finished. Go to the downloaded file and right click on it. Select copy option.
- Go to the Spybot – Search and Destroy 2 folder. Type C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2 in the address bar located on the top of the screen.
- Right click and select paste in the Spybot – Search & Destroy 2 folder.
- If you find that the file is already present there, check the size of the file by right clicking on dell. Select properties option.
- If the size is not 32KB then download the file.
- Follow the procedure again. But after clicking paste, select replace the file in the destination.
Remove and Reinstall
Removing and reinstalling Bitdefender also fixes this issue, follow the steps below:
- Download the Bitdefender Removal Tool and Run it.
- Execute it and remove Bitdefender.
- Download Bitdefender again and install it.